About Me

My photo
Former educator and current wife, mom, daughter, and friend. Really, I'm just a southern girl trying to live the happiest, healthiest life I can. I do it with the help of those who know me best and love me anyway - God, my family, and my friends.

Thursday, March 27, 2014

My Lent Project: Day 22


Instead of giving UP something for Lent, I’m giving THANKS for the many blessings of life.  Here’s what I’m feeling incredibly thankful for today . . .


The return of routine.


Praying before a meeting at school.


Reconnecting.


Looking ahead.


A sweet new partner on the tennis court.


Clay courts.


A win in two sets.


No double faults (for possibly the first time ever!).


Tony Horton's Core 2 workout.


The power of paint on old chairs.


The last coat.


Being able to sympathize because of past experiences.


Watching Libby at gymnastics practice.


Watching Charlie warm up his swing before a baseball game.


When the wind dies down.


Lotion.


A row of tulips open to the sunshine.


Email invitations.


Good people in my life.


Jesus, who will never leave me . . . never forsake me.