About Me

My photo
Former educator and current wife, mom, daughter, and friend. Really, I'm just a southern girl trying to live the happiest, healthiest life I can. I do it with the help of those who know me best and love me anyway - God, my family, and my friends.

Sunday, March 23, 2014

My Lent Project: Day 18


Instead of giving UP something for Lent, I’m giving THANKS for the many blessings of life.  Here’s what I’m feeling incredibly thankful for today . . .


One more day on the mountain.


The excitement in their voices.


A healthy breakfast.


Sunshine.


Not a cloud in the sky.


Making it almost 10K on cross country skis.


Quiet.


A cool breeze at just the right time.


The half wedge.


Going downhill.


Squirrels scampering through the snow.


Capability.


The views.


Praying at the top of McCoy Park.


A clean bathroom.


Automatic paper towel dispensers.


A final afternoon of snowshoeing.


Deep breaths.


A delicious dinner in the village.


Watching the ice skaters.


Finally getting that chocolate chip cookie.


A wonderful spring break with our family.


Four days of skiing with no injuries.


Thoughts of home.


Jesus, who took all my sin upon himself and set me free.