About Me

My photo
Former educator and current wife, mom, daughter, and friend. Really, I'm just a southern girl trying to live the happiest, healthiest life I can. I do it with the help of those who know me best and love me anyway - God, my family, and my friends.

Saturday, March 22, 2014

My Lent Project: Day 17


Instead of giving UP something for Lent, I’m giving THANKS for the many blessings of life.  Here’s what I’m feeling incredibly thankful for today . . .


A good night's sleep.


Sore muscles.


Warm toast.


Sweet strawberries.


Our son, waking up and stretching to get ready for another day on the slopes.


Our daughter, always game for whatever is on the day's agenda.


Margaret, the kids ski instructor.


SNOW!


The way God puts people in your life for a reason.


Eric, my cross country ski instructor.


Cross country skiing on fresh powder - wow.


Feeling completely warm in 30 degree weather.


Making it all the way down Polaris and Discovery Loop, and back.


Gaining confidence.


Bonding with someone who has no colon.


Tips for my semi-colon from my new friend.


The wonderful people in the Beaver Creek Nordic Center.


Lunch with my family at the base of the mountain.


An afternoon of snowshoeing.


Going my own way.


Making new tracks.


Solitude.


Forests.


Pines and spruces covered in white.


Pure peace.


Our kids making snow angels.


Jesus, the perfect lamb, without blemish.