About Me

My photo
Former educator and current wife, mom, daughter, and friend. Really, I'm just a southern girl trying to live the happiest, healthiest life I can. I do it with the help of those who know me best and love me anyway - God, my family, and my friends.

Friday, March 21, 2014

My Lent Project: Day 16


Instead of giving UP something for Lent, I’m giving THANKS for the many blessings of life.  Here’s what I’m feeling incredibly thankful for today . . .


Having a washer and dryer on vacation.


Long underwear.


Perfect weather for another day in Beaver Creek.


The Upper Atlas snowshoeing trail.


Backpacks.


An unexpected gift.


Evergreen trees.


Cell phones with cameras.


Finding your way.


A stunning overlook.


Lunch with friends from home, over a thousand miles from home.


Egg and cheese crepes.


George, the cross country ski instructor.


Performance equipment.


Good tips from someone who knows.


Facing fear.


A confident stop.


The feeling of accomplishment.


When someone nails it on the head.


Watching my husband and children skiing together.


A hot shower.


Dinner with friends from home, over a thousand miles from home.


Laughing.


Hearing about someone's success.


Celebrating.


A table full of giggling girls with our boy at the head.


Samples on spoons.


Hand warmers in my pockets.


Shuttle vans.


Sitting in front of a fire, surrounded by family, remembering a wonderful day.


Jesus, the wonderful counselor.