About Me

My photo
Former educator and current wife, mom, daughter, and friend. Really, I'm just a southern girl trying to live the happiest, healthiest life I can. I do it with the help of those who know me best and love me anyway - God, my family, and my friends.

Thursday, March 20, 2014

My Lent Project: Day 15


Instead of giving UP something for Lent, I’m giving THANKS for the many blessings of life.  Here’s what I’m feeling incredibly thankful for today . . .


Blue skies in Beaver Creek.


My kids in their ski gear doing the ski boot walk.


Georgia, the ski instructor from Minnesota.


Chair lifts.


Snowshoes.


A warm hat.


Gloves.


McCoy Park, one of only a few Nordic parks in the world that is on the TOP of a mountain.


God's unbelievable creations.


Being surrounded by beauty and silence.


Finding something you thought was gone.


Beaver Crepes in the village.


The Alpine crepe (think spinach, goat cheese, mushrooms - YUM).


Linda, the cross country ski instructor.


Learning something new.


Staying upright.


Gliding.


My father-in-law's homemade vegetable soup.


Glow sticks.


A roaring fire.


Live music.


Fireworks.


Jesus, who works all things out for the good of those He loves.