About Me

My photo
Former educator and current wife, mom, daughter, and friend. Really, I'm just a southern girl trying to live the happiest, healthiest life I can. I do it with the help of those who know me best and love me anyway - God, my family, and my friends.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

My Lent Project: Day 13


Instead of giving UP something for Lent, I’m giving THANKS for the many blessings of life.  Here’s what I’m feeling incredibly thankful for today . . .


Family.


Waking up to another day of life.


Kids counting down the days.


Vanilla almond milk.


The Immaculate Baking Company's cinnamon rolls.


Opportunity.


Democracy.


Big dreams.


Big suitcases.


Surprises.


Restaurants that take reservations.


A lunch date with my husband.


When the packing is finished.


Libby in her purple leotard.


The freckles scattered across Charlie's nose.


Honesty.


Jesus, the light of the world.