About Me

My photo
Former educator and current wife, mom, daughter, and friend. Really, I'm just a southern girl trying to live the happiest, healthiest life I can. I do it with the help of those who know me best and love me anyway - God, my family, and my friends.

Thursday, April 17, 2014

My Lent Project: Lives to See Another Day


I know, I know.  There are 40 days of Lent, so why am I on day 43?  Math was never really my strong suit.  There's that, and the fact that I didn't take off Sundays.  The 40 day Lenten period doesn't include Sundays.  Sadly, knowing the Bible was not one of my strengths either, so I can't actually tell you why???  Nonetheless, there are still 3 full days until Easter Sunday and I'm going to keep counting blessings, because hey, God doesn't take days off.   And so here’s what I’m feeling incredibly thankful for today . . .


Dreams that shed such light.


My own predictability.


A gaggle of second graders running down the field.


Easter parties.


Relay races.


Giggling girls.


Balloons.


Creative people.


Amazing teachers.


Connections.


Noon dismissal for the kids.


An extra long Easter weekend.


Options.


Mark 16:4-6.


Dinner with my girl.


My boy on the lacrosse field.


Unanimous decisions.


Jesus, who knew what was going to happen in Jerusalem . . . and went anyway.