About Me

My photo
Former educator and current wife, mom, daughter, and friend. Really, I'm just a southern girl trying to live the happiest, healthiest life I can. I do it with the help of those who know me best and love me anyway - God, my family, and my friends.

Friday, April 18, 2014

Good Friday 2014


Then the governor's soldiers took Jesus into the Praetorium and gathered the whole company of soldiers around him. They stripped him and put a scarlet robe on him, and then twisted together a crown of thorns and set it on his head. They put a staff in his right hand and knelt in front of him and mocked him. "Hail, king of the Jews!" they said. They spit on him, and took the staff and struck him on the head again and again.  After they had mocked him, they took off the robe and put his own clothes on him. Then they led him away to crucify him. From the sixth hour until the ninth hour darkness came over all the land.  About the ninth hour, Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"  And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit. At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. 
From Matthew 27 


Good Friday.


All I can think about is that he knew what was coming.  He knew his friends would betray him.  He knew they would leave him all alone in the garden of Gethsemane.  He knew the crowd would strip him, spit on him, strike him.  He knew there would be a crown of thorns on his head, nails in his hands, pain, pain, so much pain. 


Hours of pain.


He walked toward it.  He didn’t flinch.  He didn’t falter.  He knew what was coming and he went there to die.


He knew God’s will and he fulfilled it. 


He was the perfect lamb, without blemish.  The perfect man completing the perfect plan.  And he hung on that cross in my place, and in yours.


Good Friday.


Grace Friday.


Grace . . .


Thank you, Jesus.