About Me

My photo
Former educator and current wife, mom, daughter, and friend. Really, I'm just a southern girl trying to live the happiest, healthiest life I can. I do it with the help of those who know me best and love me anyway - God, my family, and my friends.

Thursday, April 10, 2014

My Lent Project: Day 36


Instead of giving UP something for Lent, I’m giving THANKS for the many blessings of life.  Here’s what I’m feeling incredibly thankful for today . . .


5th grade Bible study.


10 year-old boys helping each other.


Punctual people.


A passing grade.


Finishing something I started.


Hugs of congratulations.


A walk to the lake.


Dog leashes.


Tony Horton's V-Sculpt workout.


Exercise bands.


Vacuum cleaners.


The perfect weather.


When he's absorbed in a book.


When she's dancing with her friends.


When the business trip is over.


The puppy pounce.


Wesleyan.


A fitting celebration.


An entire gym in prayer.


The honoring of a deserving man.


A good band.


Watching them run to the car together.


Jesus, who has cast my sin as far as the east is from the west.