About Me

My photo
Former educator and current wife, mom, daughter, and friend. Really, I'm just a southern girl trying to live the happiest, healthiest life I can. I do it with the help of those who know me best and love me anyway - God, my family, and my friends.

Monday, March 31, 2014

My Lent Project: Day 26


Instead of giving UP something for Lent, I’m giving THANKS for the many blessings of life.  Here’s what I’m feeling incredibly thankful for today . . .


An entire morning with nothing on the calendar.


The birds singing.


The return of the warm weather uniform.


A 75 degree day ahead.


A walk on the golf course with my sweet husband.


The Chattahoochee River.


Grass that's turning green.


Tall pines.


Running into friends while running errands.


50% off at Hobby Lobby.


Another walk on the golf course with a good friend.


Her happiness about leading the prayer on the morning announcements.


Wonderful comments about our boy.


Colorful braces.


Honey lime tilapia.


Strawberry balsamic vinegar.


An awesome catch in left field.


A double play.


Remembering.


Jesus, who was pierced for our transgressions, crushed for our sins.