About Me

My photo
Former educator and current wife, mom, daughter, and friend. Really, I'm just a southern girl trying to live the happiest, healthiest life I can. I do it with the help of those who know me best and love me anyway - God, my family, and my friends.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

My Lent Project: Extra Innings


I know, I know.  There are 40 days of Lent, so why am I on day 41?  Math was never really my strong suit.  There's that, and the fact that I didn't take off Sundays.  The 40 day Lenten period doesn't include Sundays.  Sadly, knowing the Bible was not one of my strengths either, so I can't actually tell you why???  Nonetheless, there are still 5 days until Easter and I'm going to keep counting blessings, because hey, God doesn't take days off.   And so here’s what I’m feeling incredibly thankful for today . . .


Mornings.


The snooze button.


The rush of emotions when I think about this Holy Week.


My husband's dedication to our family.


Getting a fist pump out of Charlie.


Libby offering reminders.


Extra whitening mouthwash.


My Sonicare toothbrush.


Cars with cameras that help you reverse.


Closets.


Cabinets.


Eye drops.


The apostle Paul.


A wise woman offering her thoughts.


Knowing someone has prayed for me.


Tony Horton's Shoulders and Arms workout.


Tony Horton's Abs/Core Plus workout.


Meeting a goal.


When it becomes official.


My newly acquired Georgia real estate license!!!


When the skies clear.


A brisk walk.


Family time.


Jesus, who carries my yoke and gives me rest.