About Me

My photo
Former educator and current wife, mom, daughter, and friend. Really, I'm just a southern girl trying to live the happiest, healthiest life I can. I do it with the help of those who know me best and love me anyway - God, my family, and my friends.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013


Ephesians 3:20   To Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine . . .

Do it.  Please.  Do more.  Do immeasurably more, Lord.  We are asking.  We are imagining.  We are wailing and kicking and thrashing and begging. 
This can’t go on.  It’s too much, too many, too often.  The bleeding continues and it’s all just too much.  The bleeding and the screaming and the death.  Bodies altered.  Children murdered.  Hearts and minds and lives scared . . . scarred . . . forever.

How many more times can we witness joy turned tragic, celebration made wretched?  How many more people must suffer at the hands of sin?  How much fear, how much pain, how much grief can we take?
Do more. 

And then . . . I see Jesus hanging on that cross, and I realize, He’s already done it all. 
Maybe . . . it’s our turn.  Maybe, we have to do more . . . help more and teach more and sacrifice more and love more.  Because if we can ask and imagine and cry and plead and beg, we can also DO.  We were made to DO.  Love is an action, and we are called to it.  Not just when bombs detonate in our city streets with every intent to kill.  Not just in Boston, or New York, or Oklahoma, or in our own backyards. 

John 16:33  “In this world you will have trouble.  But take heart!  I have overcome the world.” 
He did it with love. 

Somehow, so must we.

I hope you will join me in praying for the people of Boston today, and for people all over the world who are asking God to do more.