About Me

My photo
Former educator and current wife, mom, daughter, and friend. Really, I'm just a southern girl trying to live the happiest, healthiest life I can. I do it with the help of those who know me best and love me anyway - God, my family, and my friends.

Sunday, December 16, 2012


It’s number six on a list of ten. 

You shall not commit murder.

Did anyone teach him that commandment?

Did anyone teach you that commandment?

Most importantly . . . are you teaching anyone that commandment?

I spent approximately one-thousand days of my life working in a kindergarten classroom. 

Never once did I fear for the safety of my students or myself.  

Never once will a kindergarten teacher feel that sense of safety again. 

May God be with the people in Newtown, Connecticut, and with students and educators everywhere.