About Me

My photo
Former educator and current wife, mom, daughter, and friend. Really, I'm just a southern girl trying to live the happiest, healthiest life I can. I do it with the help of those who know me best and love me anyway - God, my family, and my friends.

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Thank you, God. Thank you for allowing me to wake up and take another breath. Thank you for the eyes to see, the ears to hear, and the words to tell others what you did . . . what you still do. Thank you for a warm bed, in a dry home, in a city filled with every convenience, in a country where freedom reigns. Thank you for the thousands of men and women who serve and, sometimes, sacrifice it all to protect that freedom. Thank you for the man lying next to me, who shows me each day what it means to truly love. Thank you for Charlie and Libby, who are love. Thank you for my family and friends, for the lessons they share and the joy they bring. Thank you for health, for a body that moves and functions without a thought. Thank you for the abundance of food on my table today. Enough for many days. Enough for many people. Thank you for the countless miracles I can witness every second if I simply take the time to notice them - the glory of nature, the change of seasons, the passing of time. Thank you for happiness. Thank you for laughter. Thank you for peace. Thank you, God.